Like one big open forum, social networking sites have allowed us to share information and stories instantly—even if at times, those stories are better left unsaid.
[firstpara] But there are a lot of stories worth posting and hearing about—can't deny that.
Yahoo! Philippines wants to hear all about them. Cue: My 2010 Story contest.
You simply have to share your most memorable experience of the year on Yahoo!’s micro-blogging platform, Meme (www.meme.yahoo.com).
From stories about your crazy summer vacation with your barkada to uplifting tales of triumph to an awesome random adventure you had with friends, Yahoo! encourages you to share them all.
If your story is unique and creative enough, then you might just take home a brand new iPad or an iTouch.
The contest is open to all Filipino residents. Aside from a captivating story, all you need to do is sign up on Meme from a Yahoo! account.
You can post any amount of stories you want, and are free to make use of Meme features, and upload photos, videos, and music. So get those creative juices flowing, share a story, and maybe win something. Hey, it’s not everyday that you get a reward for a little status update or Internet post right?
The competition will run from November 12 – December 3.
NEXT PAGE: Contest Mechanics[nextpage]
Contest mechanics are as follow:
Only PH residents who hold a valid a Meme from Yahoo! account can enter the competition.
For those who do not have any account with Meme from Yahoo!, they will simply have to register a valid Meme from Yahoo! account to enter the competition.
Entry to the competition can be done by completing the following the steps:
1. Read the campaign details at Yahoo! PH Meme account http://meme.yahoo.com/my2010/p/hMQzYFi/
2. Register or Open their valid Meme from Yahoo! account www.meme.yahoo.com
a. Participants will be required to input their valid contact details in their Meme from Yahoo! account in case they will be determined as winners of any of the prizes.
b. Should the winners’ contact details be invalid and should they remain unreachable three working days after the winners’ announcement, Yahoo! has the right to defer their entry. Should this happen, the first runner up will automatically become the grand prize winner and another runner up will be determined to complete the list of winners.
3. After registering, they will be required to create a post on their most memorable 2010 story and end the post with #my2010story to certify that the post is an entry to the competition.
4. Consumers will be allowed to utilize all Meme properties (upload a photo/video/audio) and caption their story with a short paragraph (no more than 200 words). Participants will not be required to utilize all the properties. They can opt to use just one or two.
5. Participants won’t be limited in their number of entries. They can submit as much as they want.
1. One grand prize winner of the competition will be given an Apple iPad (16G) along with a Yahoo! Schwag.
2. Two runners-up will be given an iPod Touch (8G) and a Yahoo! Schwag each
All entries will be evaluated by the Yahoo! Editorial Team, selecting a first, second and third prize winner. Each of the three prize winners will be notified via e-mail within six days. The three prize winners (winning posts only, not the Meme user themselves), will be announced and promoted on the above listed social media properties.
Winners will be judged according to Creativity - 50% and Content - 50%.
WORDS BY: GELO GONZALES