A snake charmer from Sorsogon who calls himself the “Cobra King” was unfortunately unable to charm his way out of a snakey situation after he succumbed to a bite from his own pet.
Elies Lenturio’s snake apparently became aggressive after its tail got stuck in its holding container, causing it to bite its owner’s left hand, ABS-CBN News reports.
Being the Cobra King that he was, Lenturio decided to just brush the bite off by beheading the snake and drinking its blood. He then went home to sleep instead of going to the nearest medical facility to get anti-venom treatment. His relatives shortly saw him foaming in the mouth and then rushed him to the hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.
Lenturio was known in the area as a "snake whisperer" of sorts since he was just 15 years old. He was also the go-to guy in their community whenever neighbors find uninvited snakes slithering into their homes.
Sorsogon’s deceased Cobra King wasn’t alone in the local snake charming scene. Apparently, there are others who also share an affinity with the cold-blooded reptiles.
Meet Mang Val, the "Snake Whisperer" of Pangasinan
There’s also Danny, the "Cobra Master" of Leyte
Snake charmers getting bitten by their pets and eventually dying due to the venom isn’t as rare as it seems as well.
Last August, a snake charmer from Morocco who was performing in the streets suffered the same fate.
But poison isn’t the only thing that can kill you in case you get bit. There’s also other complications that might get triggered such as allergies and sudden heart attacks: