It’s another long weekend, but not just any other long weekend as Election 2010 happens on May 10, Monday. [firstpara] You know what to do. Let’s all enjoy Friday and Saturday, and Sunday even, and then on Monday, let’s all come out to vote!
There will also be a liquor ban from May 9 to 10, so unless you want to spend some time in a real precinct—as in a jail—our tip is to not get caught out in the streets gulping down some gin.
Election Day Weekend
- Before we tell you where to party this weekend, we’ll prepare you for the elections first:
- Start off with our complete guide to voting, which you can access by clicking here.
- Don’t know which presidential candidate to vote yet? Well, here’s our easy-to-read guide on what each candidate is all about. Click here.
- Lastly, here’s a guide from spot.ph telling you how to find your designated voting precinct.
- It’s been said a lot before but we’ll say it again: vote wisely! But if you don't want to, then our idiot's guide to voting is for you.
Film Screening: Wild Grass
Alain Resnais, one of the most respected French auteur in French film history treats us to a trip to wonderland, with his fantastic work, Wild Grass.
The film is a love story that you could never describe as typical. It is about a man named Georges who finds the stolen wallet of this certain woman named Marguerite.
From there, what starts as curiosity gently grows into something far more intimate than merely being strangers to each other—though the path isn’t rosy at all.
The film will be shown at Mogwai Cinematheque on May 7 and 8, 9 PM.
Mother’s Day Weekend at the Power Plant Mall
Other than the elections, it might do you well to not forget about this other special thing happening this weekend too. It’s Mother’s Day! And surely it won’t hurt to shower your mother with some appreciation and love.
Mother’s Day weekend at Power Plant Mall happens from May 7 to 9. A bunch of events that moms will surely love such as a makeover session courtesy of Shu Uemura and delightful dishes from Miele’s Gourmet Weekend kitchen are lined up for the weekend.
WORDS BY: GELO GONZALES